Monday, December 1, 2014

Bringing it all together...

This semester flew by! I have learned so much and feel so much more prepared to teach a class after taking ED5501. I have learned the importance of reading (and how it goes hand-in-hand with writing) in the classroom! Through the use of the many texts I have learned about, read, and done "book talks" about, I am fully prepared to make my own classroom library (with the help of the "50 texts" assignment). As a class, we have explored hundreds of books and many genres to use with students of all ages and abilities; I will use these learned skills in my very own classroom and take the lessons with me to whichever classroom I am lucky enough to end up in. Reading: Birth to Grade 6 has prepared me in many ways that I couldn't have imagined; from story-telling lectures, author visits, book shares, interactive games, and more, I find myself more knowledgeable about children's literature and the importance of it than ever before. I have enjoyed this course and learned so much in such a short amount of time. I will take my newly learned knowledge into the next chapter of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment